ScreenPlayLab

ScreenPlayLab is more than 3,800 upbeat producers, actors, writers, directors, agents and executives helping each other in their careers at studios and networks.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

COMEDY WALK gets the word out

COMEDY WALK Hosts and Talent Director Selected...

The five COMEDY WALK Stage Hosts for Jan. 10th, 2008, are ScreenPlayLab members Wendy Carrillo, Taji Coleman, Kimberly Douglas, Claudine Guerrero, and Jim McCaffree. The talent director is Lawrin Goulston Salazar of the LOS ANGELES COMEDY FESTIVAL. To apply as a performer, follow the PARTICIPATE link at www.comedywalk.com. And, I still need help filling out the five film crews I'm directing covering the event.

COMEDY WALK Gets the Word Out...

Many of you have your own press contacts and email lists. Please pass this announcement along to anyone interested in comedy. Thank you!

COMEDY WALK brings laughter to the streets of downtown Los Angeles.

Beverly Hills, CA, January 2, 2008 – COMEDY WALK kicks off on January 10th, 2008, from 8pm to 9:30pm, in downtown Los Angeles. The FREE monthly event presents more than 30 comedy acts performing at five simultaneous venues in the historic downtown’s Gallery Row and Old Bank District in the neighborhood of Main and 5th streets. The monthly 30-act COMEDY WALK event is the lead-up to the massive 300-act LOS ANGELES COMEDY FESTIVAL coming to downtown in November 2008.

Comedian Rick Overton, who's appeared in episodes of Seinfeld and won an Emmy writing for Dennis Miller Live, is one of the COMEDY WALK performers. "I like the whole COMEDY WALK idea", says Overton. "In virtually any other city, walking means that you are healthy and have somewhere important to go. In Los Angeles, it means that something has gone horribly wrong with your career. I like to walk to my favorite diner. When I get home, there'll be messages on my service: 'Hey man, I was driving by and saw you walking down Ventura today. I just hate to see you out there all on foot like that. Is everything okay? Do you need one of my cars? Call me... I'll be on the treadmill watching Dr. Phil on the flat screen, but I'll leave my cell phone on.' Sheesh... COMEDY WALK is the healthiest thing comics have done in years."

More...

http://www.comedywalk.com/press/comedywalk.2008-01-02.html

What's ScreenPlayLab?


ScreenPlayLab is more than 2,200 filmmakers, actors and screenwriters helping each other succeed. There are no membership dues and events are free. To join send an email to info@ScreenPlayLab.com with the subject 'Subscribe'.

Love you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home