ScreenPlayLab

ScreenPlayLab is more than 3,800 upbeat producers, actors, writers, directors, agents and executives helping each other in their careers at studios and networks.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

WARBIRDS encore screening tonight

We had a fantastic screening last night with WARBIRDS stars Jamie Mann and Tohoru Masamune and producer Bill Greenblatt. We have an encore screening tonight. The film looks fantastic in HDCAM-SR 2k digital projection. WARBIRDS is a SKY CAPTAIN WORLD OF TOMORROW type of fantasy with dinosaurs like JURASSIC PARK. Last call! Just a few seats left. RSVP by following the link at www.ScreenPlayLab.com.

New Journalists Wanted for Hollywood Today...

Who wants to be a film journalist and see films in advance for free? I was promoted to film editor at Hollywood Today a couple weeks ago, which makes me a managing editor. While I don't have any budget to hire new reporters, I do have access to advance screenings and other perks. Screenings are in Hollywood or New York City.

ScreenPlayLab members Hillary Layman and W.H. Bourne are my first reporters to have their film stories published in Hollywood Today. It's very difficult to break in as a published film reviewer, and I'm excited for them.

When I mentioned at a recent ScreenPlayLab event that I'm looking for reporters who want to break into film journalism, many writers volunteered. Unfortunately, their contact info is now buried in the one thousand recent emails now in my inbox. If that's you, or you wish it was, send me an email that says, "I want to write for at Hollywood Today", with a little writing bio about you.

By the way, those thousand emails waiting for me are not spam. If you ask a question and I don't respond within a few days that probably means it's scrolled past. Eventually I will go back, but if it's more urgent it's ok to remind me.

I cover not only film, also books, music, technology, celebrities, politics and fashion. Many who know me were shocked to see me covering Fashion Week, interviewing the designers on the runway. I can break in reporters in all areas, not just film.

The "I'm Robin's New Best Friend" Contest...


Paramount Vantage is a sponsor of my show COMEDY WALK (www.comedywalk.com). We're giving away tickets to the Paramount celebrity MTV Awards screening of THE FOOT FIST WAY. Will Ferrell will be there and others. That's happening on Memorial Day on the Paramount lot. I'm going to announce soon how to get those tickets, which will be first come, first serve. But, there's more.

Who wants a VIP ticket? I have a few VIP tickets that are closer to the stars, specially taped off for me and my friends. I've got a lot more friends than tickets, so what am I to do? How about a contest where I give VIP tickets to friends who offer the most interesting or creative proof of their friendship? I hope everyone views this in a sense of fun. There are no rules. I'll pick the best. Note the best offers will be published.

If you'd like a chance at a VIP ticket, send me an email that explains in about 20 words how you'll become my new best friend.

ScreenPlayLab Mission...

ScreenPlayLab is more than 2,500 upbeat film and television creators helping each other succeed. Dozens of artists have signed agent representation through ScreenPlayLab networking. There are no membership dues and events are free. To join send an email to info@ScreenPlayLab.com with the subject 'Subscribe'.

Love you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home