ScreenPlayLab

ScreenPlayLab is more than 3,800 upbeat producers, actors, writers, directors, agents and executives helping each other in their careers at studios and networks.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Best Wishes to Karl and Teresa Sanger

You may know Karl Sanger from Sanger Talent Agency from when he spoke at ScreenPlayLab. He signed many ScreenPlayLab members as clients. Karl has closed Sanger Talent Agency to spend more time with his wife Teresa who needs a liver transplant. Karl was one of the kindest and most patient of Hollywood agents. A lot of people love him. We wish Karl and Teresa well.

I've been busy the past week helping Sanger Talent Agency clients connect with other agents. I've set up meetings for about a dozen clients. ScreenPlayLab co-founder Gabrielle Pantera and myself are two of those clients. Karl repped us, too.

Gabrielle and I have been asked to sign by a couple agents. I'm taking meetings with agents the rest of the week. I know ScreenPlayLab members have a lot of contacts. If anyone knows a lit agent I should see this week before we make a decision on representation, please let me know.

About Us...

Gabrielle and I are baby screenwriters who have scripts at many studios and production companies. We came on the scene last year when we co-wrote the screenplay for an optioned best-selling novel, the romantic comedy THE CORSET DIARIES. My newest script is a martial arts comedy called BOOK OF Z. Gabrielle's written a remake of the classic POLLYANNA set in modern day called THE GLAD GAME. We're both journalists. I'm the film editor for Hollywood Today. Gabrielle is the book critic at British Weekly. Gabrielle has a day job with MGM.

Seeking Volunteers for the Los Angeles Film Festival...


Volunteer Coordinator Shelly Valdovino is currently seeking volunteers and interns fo the 2008 Los Angeles Film Festival. A great way to see some movies for free and make valuable connections. You can say I sent you. LOS ANGELES FILM FESTIVAL, June 19-29, in Westwood Village. Fill out volunteer sign-up form at www.LAFilmFest.com

Thank You RPM Talent Agent Angela Hutchinson...

ScreenPlayLab thanks talent agent Angela Hutchinson. Anyone who'd like to send her a thank you note can email me, and I'll forward.

Thank You PitchLab Participants...

We heard some great pitches at ScreenPlayLab on Sunday at Raleigh Studios. Selected writers practiced their pitching skills in front of a live industry audience. A big shout out to David Simon, Jay Rhein, Hillary Layman (my associate producer at COMEDY WALK), Fred Brown, and Rachel Long. Way to go!

Kudos for this Week's ScreenPlayLab...

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

1. I just wanted to drop you and Gabrielle a note to let you know how thoroughly I enjoyed my first ScreenPlayLab seminar! You both are wonderful at making attendees feel comfortable and safe. I learned so much from the pitchlab and enjoyed listening to and meeting Angela Hutchinson. I look forward to attending more labs in the future.

2. Thanks so much to you and Gabrielle for all you do. We had a great time and really learned a lot. But I guess what I loved was the energy. Right when I arrived after battling traffic and searching for a parking place, Gabrielle handed me a water and made me feel like everything would be alright. It is definitely a very positive place.

3. The Pitch Clinic was very helpful and so was the talk with Angela Hutchinson. I'd like to volunteer to help out at the Comedy Walk on 5/8.

4. Wanted to thank you for your advice on the proper way to pitch. I'm very grateful for the opportunity to have made my mistakes before the real thing comes about. The Screenplay Lab you and Gabriel have created is absolutely fantastic.

5. Thank you, and Gabrielle, again for putting these great events together for us.

ScreenPlayLab Mission

ScreenPlayLab is more than 2,500 upbeat film and television creators helping each other succeed. To join ScreenPlayLab send an email to info@ScreenPlayLab.com with the subject 'Subscribe'.

Love you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home