ScreenPlayLab

ScreenPlayLab is more than 3,800 upbeat producers, actors, writers, directors, agents and executives helping each other in their careers at studios and networks.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

See you tonight in Beverly Hills

Hi. Got your RSVP for tonight's event. Look forward to seeing you.

I'll be seated near the door this time to make it easier to find me. I'll be signing people in and would appreciate you seeking me out so I don't miss anyone if I had to step away for a few minutes.

Tonight's event is 7pm to 10pm, an hour later than last time. I made it later because few arrived before 7pm last month. I didn't get that info updated on the website right away. If you arrive at 6pm anyway, I'll be around.

The Sidebar at the Regency Beverly Wilshire is fantastic. However, it can get expensive if not paying attention. Do buy a drink ($6+) or a dessert ($14), but don't feel you have to get more. Sometimes the staff can be a little too helpful in serving and make an evening more pricey than intended. If you ever feel uncomfortable with the service, please let me know immediately.

Some people are coming to the mixer with an intention to talk specifically to producers or writers or agents or whoever. Asking if someone you've just met spends much time with producers, for example, is a way to open a productive conversation. It's just as good, actually better, to meet the friend of a producer first, then to meet the producer. It helps to find out a bit about people before meeting them.

Even if it's been a long day for you, please bring your most upbeat self in order to make the most positive first impression possible.

See you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home