ScreenPlayLab

ScreenPlayLab is more than 3,800 upbeat producers, actors, writers, directors, agents and executives helping each other in their careers at studios and networks.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Veterans Day

Hope you're having a great Veterans Day. If you'd like to learn more about Veterans Day, here's an article I wrote today:

http://www.goshtv.net/?p=486

Because today's Veterans Day and several people in ScreenPlayLab have said they want to hear about my defense background, I'm going to do something unusual and talk mainly about myself in this note.

I became involved in defense work while teaching software design at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey. That's where naval officers study to get an advanced degree. My work there was in realistic war game software. What I worked on looked a lot like Call of Duty, the hit video game that released today. However, the version I had required much more expensive computers and was used to train soldiers.

After working for the navy, I became chief technologist for a Fortune 500 defense contractor in San Diego. It became my job to create new technology for DARPA, the research arm of the DoD, an organization that's brought us things like stealth aircraft, Predator robotic aircraft, and the Internet. Systems I created were installed at top military command centers. I sailed with the navy on the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln to test them at sea. It was a job at DreamWorks Animation that moved me away from defense and to Hollywood.

If you want to hear more, you can ask me over a drink at the ScreenPlayLab mixer on Thursday. That's at the Sidebar, Regency Beverly Wilshire, 9500 Wilshire Blvd., Thursday, Nov. 12th, 2009. Drop by between 7pm to 10pm. No cover charge. Drinks start at $6. So far 114 people have said they're coming. RSVP to be put on the list.

RSVP here: www.screenplaylab.com

Love you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home