ScreenPlayLab

ScreenPlayLab is more than 3,800 upbeat producers, actors, writers, directors, agents and executives helping each other in their careers at studios and networks.

Friday, February 02, 2007

What Jim Belushi said

I met Jim Belushi this week at a class he taught for The Learning Annex. That was a lot of fun. We're both from Chicago. He reminds me a little of my brother. Jim Belushi has a book called, "Real Men Don't Apologize", that I'd recommend you check out as a guide to how to how to get the best from people.

While chatting with Jim Belushi I mentioned that I'd recently written a script and that it's out being read at several studios. Clearly impressed, he said, "That's hard." He talked about how much more difficult it is to get a picture made today, that studios are making fewer films. It was with some jealousy that I listened to him say how much easier it is to launch a television show. Maybe, if you're Jim Belushi. 'According to Jim' is his show because he hired the writers rather than joining later as the star.

For the benefit of any of our actors looking to guest star on 'According to Jim' I should mention that Jim Belushi said he loves actors who have worked with Second City Chicago. If you've got that angle, work it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home